Summer Reading List

You might have wondered if I ever finished reading Doris Kearnes Goodwin's "Team of Rivals." I did.

And then I picked up another brick-size book, "Theodore Rex" by Edmund Morris.
It's taking longer than the Lincoln book, since it's not the same storylike narrative of DKG. Instead it's sort of decision-by-decision, negotiation-by-negotiation play-by-play of Roosevelt's presidency. Jason advised that I should have started with "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt" first - but I was already over 100 pages into Rex when he raised this recommendation.

After a friend commented that it seemed like I've been reading Rex for months, I began a sprint to the end of the book. I'm close, and eager to move onto something lighter.
Some summer reading. I'd even do chick lit at this point. Something light, fresh and easy... fiction with an absorbing story.

Another friend recently picked up "Chasing Harry Winston" by the author of "The Devil Wears Prada." But even she took the dustcover off so that no one on her airplane or train would know that she was reading anything so frivolous.
But it is one of Amazon's top recommended beach reads.

I wonder if she's finished... and if I might borrow it. (Without the dust cover, of course.)

Comments

Popular Posts