Boot Be-Gone
It's time for a little foot update. During today's doctor's appointment I was freed from the black boot.
I was beginning to dream of running and splashing my foot about in water; it's been under a bandage and black surgery boot for what seems like forever. (Although I befriended a lady on the elevator the other day who's had her boot on for 8 weeks!)
I still can't run, but I can at least get my foot wet in the shower.
The boot was something I kind of tried to ignore, but it was noticeable. And my unbalanced gait gave it away too.
See photo from our celebrating my friend's birthday last Saturday night. There I am, toasting, drinking and laughing... but underneath the table, the boot lurks.
Now I'm instructed to wear a comfortable, flat shoe. Like a sneaker. Or maybe a moccasin would be perfect??? (This is where I contemplate whether Piperlime express shipping charges can be paid for with my medical flex spend account.)
At the doctor's office I requested a bandage color that will match with my dress for a wedding we're attending in about ten days. You know you're not a kid anymore when the nurse just tosses a roll of red and fluorescent green bandages in your plastic bag and hands it to you. Kids are asked their favorite color, and would they like a pretty purple bandage?? After spying two colors that distinctly clashed with my dress, I asked if I might swap. The nurse was very obliging. I have a light blue bandage to wrap around my foot before it goes into my grey Old Navy flats.
I am so excited to wear this dress.


A small sidenote is that our new kitten has been getting a lot of press here, so I didn't want you to forget about #1, our recently three-year-old cat. He's been taking to the new kitten very well, even letting her sleep in his bed.
We're quite proud of him.
I was beginning to dream of running and splashing my foot about in water; it's been under a bandage and black surgery boot for what seems like forever. (Although I befriended a lady on the elevator the other day who's had her boot on for 8 weeks!)
I still can't run, but I can at least get my foot wet in the shower.
The boot was something I kind of tried to ignore, but it was noticeable. And my unbalanced gait gave it away too.
See photo from our celebrating my friend's birthday last Saturday night. There I am, toasting, drinking and laughing... but underneath the table, the boot lurks.

Now I'm instructed to wear a comfortable, flat shoe. Like a sneaker. Or maybe a moccasin would be perfect??? (This is where I contemplate whether Piperlime express shipping charges can be paid for with my medical flex spend account.)
At the doctor's office I requested a bandage color that will match with my dress for a wedding we're attending in about ten days. You know you're not a kid anymore when the nurse just tosses a roll of red and fluorescent green bandages in your plastic bag and hands it to you. Kids are asked their favorite color, and would they like a pretty purple bandage?? After spying two colors that distinctly clashed with my dress, I asked if I might swap. The nurse was very obliging. I have a light blue bandage to wrap around my foot before it goes into my grey Old Navy flats.
I am so excited to wear this dress.
A small sidenote is that our new kitten has been getting a lot of press here, so I didn't want you to forget about #1, our recently three-year-old cat. He's been taking to the new kitten very well, even letting her sleep in his bed.
Comments