All the Leaves Around
Friday night Jason and I planned for the classic dinner and a movie date. In the end the work week caught up with us and it was just dinner. (Bill Mahr and Religulous will have to wait until DVD.) We followed our favorite waiter to his new gig at another restaurant, and in the two times I've visited I've gotten free champagne with the girls and free dessert with Jason. Loyalty rewards, far more than I've gotten from Starwood or Hilton or any of those other cards I carry in my purse when I travel.
My appetizer was a delicious autumnal pumpkin soup, with a little vanilla creme brulee in the middle that melted into yummy swirls when the hot soup was poured over it. The next day at the supermarket the memory of the pumpkin soup was so good that I bought some butternut squash, red pepper and garlic soup. I think I've had soup every day since Friday!
Maybe I can try making my own Pumpkin Soup.
Indeed, it's October. It's fall, and I knew it for sure when I had to pull a warm wrap out of the scarf spaghetti in our closet for the walk to the train the other week.
It means:
Pumpkins
Mums (Do I regret pulling up the still alive summer geraniums to cover the deck in purple and orange mums? No.)
Chapped lips (Carmex in my bag, at my bedside, and on my desk.)
Perfect crisp fall football game days - and I'm not even a fan so much
Soup!
Cozy boyfriend-style cardigans (I covet this one I tried on the other day. Why is cashmere so expensive??!)
Caramel applesThe year's first toasty blast of heat coming from the car vent in the morning
Socks and slippers
Shorter days, the sun disappearing just as soon as I leave the office
Switching to oatmeal for breakfast instead of fruit and yogurt
Sniffles
(The top photo is a desktop wallpaper, btw. From here. And the one below is here.)


Comments