Lonely 1 and Over-confident, Fooling-himself 7
I entertained myself doing math in grade school by creating personalities for each of the numbers, with accompanying jealousies and rivalries. Addition, subtraction, and long division were such a yawn otherwise. But when you knew that 6 couldn't hide her jealousy over 9's close relationship with 8, it was like Days of our Lives. It's a blessing that there was steady 5 to hold 6 back. This might explain why math was never my strong suit, since evidently I was hardly paying attention to the final sum.
But it also helps explain why I found The Font Conference video quite funny. Imagine each of the fonts as a person, with a defined personality as well. Wait for the appearance of Wingings!

Too bad Garamond doesn't show up, he was my classy resume standyby for a long time. Arial Black is my signature addition to powerpoint these days. Cezanne appeared on our wedding invitations.


Comments