Rotten, No Good, Very Bad Day

Today was a bad day. Not for big serious reasons, but small annoying, aggravating, stupid reasons. Not just at work, but at home too. From the very first voice-mail this morning to driving around at night. (Only redeeming feature was Jason ordering the fried mac and cheese wedges for take out and his looking the other way while I ate four.)
Ok, maybe realizing that it was 15 years ago this week that mom died has something to do with it. Although I didn't realize it until after the fact, as I was signing and dating an invoice at the end of the anniversary day. And maybe that has had a bigger impact that I expected.
This was the kind of day where you realize when the voice inside your head said, 'Stay in bed, it's so cozy here,' you should have listened.


Comments