Nothing to Report

Sigh, I have nothing to say about last night's debate. While Obama and John McCain were hashing out their issues, like a bad session of couple's therapy, I was flying home from Dallas. (One of the worst airport dinners ever: glass of Pinot Grigio with dry turkey provolone sandwich -- which I was encouraged to order quickly by the waitress since there were few options left.)
I heard a recap in the taxi ride home, where they billed it as "the most riveting, substantial debate of the election." Of course, and I missed it. I was left to muse over the thought of electing Bob Scheiffer to be my grandpa. He's so folksy and cute in an old fellow kind of way.
I watched the MSNBC recap and cursed aloud when I heard John McCain's minimization of the "health" of women. But loved Rachel Maddow's summation of how stupid his comment was - her words were much more eloquent which is why she has her own show on MSNBC and I'm a blogger.
Parts of the debate may be better (and funnier) in frozen retrospection. I laughed out loud when Jason showed me this 'zombie McCain' picture.(He went the wrong direction and did one of those goofy faces we all make when we're recognizing a small error.)
I can't explain this second one though.
I had to make sure I hadn't fallen asleep and found myself dreaming with the last piece of news delivered by Chris Matthews during his debate coverage: the Phillies are in the World Series. Yay, time to bust out my two-year's ago Christmas present from Jason.Although not an avid baseball follower (the bandwagon picked me up today), the prospect of losing both the Election and the World Series is a little terrifying. And all before we head into the doldrums of winter, prepare yourself for a grumpy blogger.

Comments

Anonymous said…
If it makes you feel any better, the entire city of Philadelphia AND LA missed the debate too. What were they thinking scheduling the debate on the same night as the final game between the Dodgers and the Phillies!?!? Silly politicians.
GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
"thought of electing Bob Scheiffer to be my grandpa. He's so folksy and cute in an old fellow kind of way." I totally agree - did you just hear his closing statement on Face the Nation. "what I really want to do right now...is take a nap."
so cute, I just want to give him a blanket and a kiss on the foreead.

Popular Posts