Good Book

I just finished reading Gang Leader for a Day, and it was a good read. So good that I was really sad to leave it at home when I went to Scotland, but there was no logic in carrying a hardback in my bag when there were only 30 pages left to read.

The book offers a glimpse into a world you don't see in your daily travels, the social system of gangs. It's remarkable how there's a whole organized economy and law enforcement system at work in urban projects.

I don't know if I became so fascinated by this side of life from watching episodes of The Wire back-to-back, or if it's just living in Chicago, where Gang Leader is set.
It's getting colder in Chicago (below freezing the past two days) so it's book season again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've been wanting to read this book since I read an article about it about a month ago. Good to hear it is actually good.

Popular Posts