Sun is Rising


When the sun rose today, I woke with the satisfaction of not only knowing who our president will be, but with the fulfillment of knowing that it was the guy I'd voted for... for the first time in 8 years.

If it had gone the other way... well, then it would have seemed like that sun on the Obama sticker was setting with doomed finality. (Ok, I'm being melodramatic.)

The Obama sticker reminded me last night of the chair in Independence Hall that Ben Franklin pondered while our founding fathers hammered out the constitution. Looking at the sun carved on the back he recalled, "I have often...in the course of this session...looked at that...without being able to tell whether it was rising or setting; but now at length I have the happiness to know that it is a rising and not a setting sun."

Comments

Popular Posts