Road Trip


I did the inevitable eye roll when Jason asked me if I'd heard that the Big Three Automaker Execs flew in private jets to Washington D.C. the other day.

Then I thought, "Why didn't they DRIVE to D.C.?" What better PR opportunity to show their faith in the American car, and the American highway? Imagine the coverage, just like how McCain's Straight Talk Express bus got its highway beauty shots. (Ok, so it didn't work out for McCain, but you get my point.) They could have made it a competition between the GM, Ford and Chrysler: who got there first; who made best mileage?

At the end, they could have submitted gas receipts to Congress, and the low gas prices of the moment would have proven how economical driving can be compared to flying in these tough economic times. (I seriously saw a gas station with a price beginning with the number 2 today and I was contemplating how dangerous it would be to stockpile gasoline in my closet.)

This just seems so obvious, and flying in a private jet, so ridiculously out of touch.

Comments

Popular Posts