Scotland

I'm in Glasgow, but the only pictures I have are of the first day's excursion to Edinburgh. At the end of the long day, my coworker and I counted that our day had included planes, trains, automobiles and a bus. Due to a train derailment we took a bus over to Edinburgh, but the train home. We had just flown into Scotland that morning. (And my boss's boss surprised us all by deciding to rent a car when we arrived at the airport. I quickly scurried into the back seat when he joked that I should be made to drive the stick shift car on the left hand side of the road. Instead I assumed the responsibility of regularly calling out "LEFT!" whenever he appeared to be making a turn into a right hand lane.)

So, what better to do after a 10 hour flight, when it's just about 6 am in your home time zone, but to climb your way up to a Scottish castle?

At least we were rewarded with a rainbow at the top, after a short rain shower. I've learned it rains routinely in Scotland, with no announcement or occasion.
I contemplated that these telephone booths must be kept here at Edinburgh Castle simply for tourist snap shots like this one. Where else would you see a phone booth in these days of cellular communication?

Jason's had an earful of my woes about my hotel. There's a ceiling tile that seems poised to fall on my (twin) bed while I sleep. My room is directly above the ballroom which hosted two loud weddings this weekend, one which kicked into full 'sing-a-long' just as I was ready to lay my jetlagged self down to bed the very first night. The toiletries have a heavy rose scent that makes me feel like someone's grandmother hugged me too hard and too long. (How do you wash off the scent of soap??)

A ray of metaphorical sunshine broke through the literal Scottish November clouds when I was in my room today and a bouquet of flowers arrived from Jason. I was delighted, since I'd spied the delivery man in the lobby and jealously admired the flowers. I was so stunned when they arrived at my door that I nearly said, "No, not for me."

With these, and the assurance that the hotel is not hosting any events this evening, I am feeling better about Scotland.

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow, flowers at your hotel! Like I've said: He's a keeper.
I mean, mine is awesome at sending flowers, but internationl!?! That is awesome!
BTW- you look really skinny in the phone booth pic. Beautiful as usual.

Popular Posts