You Go Girls!

I was happy to hear this news today: "Women now earn the majority of diplomas in some fields men used to dominate — from biology to business — and have caught up in pursuit of law, medicine and other advanced degrees." It's pretty awesome progress.

There's also news that boys are dropping out or never even starting in college programs. I couldn't believe the speculative line as to why, "One reason is a failure by schools to teach boys well at an early age, leading to frustration by high school." Huh? Why do they put lines like this in news articles and fail to explain them? After reading books about boys eating worms and boys and their dogs in grade school, I remember asking my mom why all we got to read were boy books. The answer she volunteered was that girls will more easily read boy books than boys will read girl books. What a bad lesson for girls, you will have to accomodate while we tailor the learning environment to the boys. Ugh.

Comments

abby said…
when are yous guys going to a taping of wait, wait, don't tell me?
Claire said…
We actually saw a taping in C'bus, when Ohio was in the cross-hairs of the Presidential election. We might hit up Oprah and Jerry Springer first for our live taping viewings. (Well maybe I'll go to Oprah and Jason will go to Jerry...)

Popular Posts