The Weekend Haps

Friday: Turtle Racing where Jason and I agreed that new friend Martha is an exact cross of our sisters Juliet & Courtney; we begin calling her our cousin.

Saturday: Early flight to Columbus for a friend's 200+ guest wedding; stopping by Jason's mom's house to say hello and meet my new brother-in-law and Courtney's husband (same person); call it quits when we realize an entire afternoon could slide away sharing our favorite YouTube clips (Evil Eye Baby, Dramatic Chipmunk, and who doesn't love the Baby Panda Sneeze?) Stop by to say another brief hello to friends Tushar & Dipti and get some Cold Stone Creamery ice cream; head to the hotel for a nap before the wedding festivities.
(Note: My pet peeve that people don't put down their drinks for photos. It'd be so much classier without the plastic beer glasses! It looks like brother-in-law Mark is pulling me closer to pour beer right on my dress!) Sunday: Drive over to the McDonalds for a Diet Coke while waiting for Jason to wake up; snicker over the football madness of Ohio State as I note the schedule is on the side of the cup; visit with the grandparents and then back home to Chicago where I get inordinately peevish at people who don't understand how the O'Hare taxi line works; arrive home to reassurance that cats hadn't burned the building down or changed the locks while we were away.

Unfortunately this was the weekend of having the afterthought: 'this might be a good photo.' Hence why there are no family photos and the only picture of us from the wedding is taken standing in the parking lot after the party had moved outside. But the dress looks great even against a canvas of red brick. I wonder when I can wear it next??

Comments

That Girl! said…
I feel like all the pictures in this particular post need captions.

I like the idea of the brother in law trying to lull you in to his clutches all the while planning pouring the beer. "Yes, yes, come closer".

And the last pic of the two cats needs a caption as well.

"What are we doing tonight, Pinky?"

Popular Posts