One of a Kind
For the gifts that can't be found in any mall, there's nothing I enjoy more than a craft show. The One of a Kind Show was at the Merchandise Mart this past week, a building so big it has its own zip code.
Here are a few of the things I admired most at the show:Stylish Girl Jewelry
Vintage Clay, intricate, handmade ceramic plates with antique lace doily patterns. As sweet as winter snowflakes.
Prairie Design
Elsa Munoz Oil paintings that appear monochromatic but truly have a depth and subtlety that draws you in.
Rebecca Bashara: Jewelry made with Columbia river rocks.
Jane Catlin, subtle, organic artwork made with crayon on linen the color of tea. Mounted on creamy white paper, with a pale wood frame, I was comfortably spellbound. (Probably one of the most favorite things I saw, but I am not sure that I fit the profile of an Art Buyer.)

Comments