Oh My Darling

It's the season for clementine love. I picked up a crate Saturday, just ahead of the falling snow that went on into the night. I'm not sure if it's the part of me that in a former life must have been an English sailor suffering from scurvy, but whenever I feel like I'm going to be trapped (see airplanes), I crave citrus.
Who knew they could also illuminate the night by being carved into a candle? (From Apartment Therapy.) I bet that smells wonderful.
A co-worker advised me that the homespun approach to teeth whitening is to rub rinds on your teeth. Clean Teeth Blog confirms it:
"Many people take an orange peel and dry it out. They then use the rind to rub against their teeth to remove stains. The orange peel is very acidic and it will gently lift stains."

I'm a little tempted to try this Clementine & Lavender Body Balm out too. (From Etsy.) It's a solid, so it won't steal precious space in my TSA-mandated 1 quart ziplock for carry-on liquids. Another reason is my loathing of the scent of Hilton's toiletries, like choking on a bouquet of rotting roses all day long. Ick.

Comments

Andra Sue said…
Oh gosh...just reading this, and it seems I'm on the same kick. As I posted on my own blog, I ate seven clementines for dinner the other night. Yikes!

Popular Posts