Boastful
It's maybe one of my worst traits, but when I do something great (whether through honest effort, mistake, or lucky coincidence) I like to tell people about it. I am boastful.
But I'm also a little cognizant that as an adult, you need to temper this habit. Tell your friends, those who are not competitive and might be prompted to jealousy. Telling your family is usually ok too.
So today, when I got an email that I am among Chicago's Top 300 Fundraisers for the 5k on Saturday, I immediately thought, "Who can I tell? Who can I tell?!"
I was really happy. Honored. It's a little intoxicating realizing that I am making a little difference, fueled by the generosity of my friends and family.
And I get to go to a special VIP breakfast before the race with stuff like breakfast burritos and I swear something that's served with fig butter.
(And it's not too late if you want to help me see if there's a prize for top 200! They don't tell you your official rank, but I'm guessing I'm not in the highest echelons.)
Thanks again to everyone who donated to me and Jason! You rock. I'd happily share my fig butter with you as gratitude.
But I'm also a little cognizant that as an adult, you need to temper this habit. Tell your friends, those who are not competitive and might be prompted to jealousy. Telling your family is usually ok too.
So today, when I got an email that I am among Chicago's Top 300 Fundraisers for the 5k on Saturday, I immediately thought, "Who can I tell? Who can I tell?!"
I was really happy. Honored. It's a little intoxicating realizing that I am making a little difference, fueled by the generosity of my friends and family.
And I get to go to a special VIP breakfast before the race with stuff like breakfast burritos and I swear something that's served with fig butter.
Thanks again to everyone who donated to me and Jason! You rock. I'd happily share my fig butter with you as gratitude.


Comments