Channeling Chanel

I am not sure if I should assign Tivo to look for future showings of the docudrama, Coco Chanel, on Lifetime. I heard it got not very good reviews, including Shirley McClain as our heroine.

"..the strong, forceful Chanel would never welcome the premise of this biographical movie - that her success was a result of the tragic relationships she had with men," - Boston Herald. Seems like they gave her story the Lifetime treatment.

I tuned into a few minutes late on Monday night, but was not riveted. Sometimes you have to be in the mood for these period pieces: men going off to war, hats that never cause hat hair, the clip clop of horses' hooves.

I may anxiously just wait for Audrey Tatou in an upcoming version, which focuses on Chanel before her fame in fashion, and presumably how she got to where she did. I love Audrey Tatou.

Comments

Andra Sue said…
I, too, saw a few minutes of the Lifetime movie and was not impressed. I thought it'd be better than your average TV thing because Shirley McClain was in it, but no. Didn't know about the Audrey Tatou version...I've got to look out for that!

Popular Posts