Live Blogging from my Couch
I'm watching all the white people at the RNC tonight, and listening to Fred Thompson tell stories in folksy tones, interspersed with far more graphic details of McCain's imprisonment. (5 years is of that is unbelievable, I might grant McCain the right to be an angry grump when he wants to be.)
Oh wait, they just found a black woman in the audience.
Since the VP story is widely told and re-told over the internet I'll spare comment. But my one thought is: why not Christie Todd Whitman instead?
She's a maverick, resigning from the EPA later stating that it was due "...to Vice President Dick Cheney's insistence on easing air pollution controls." (But I guess she's also pro-choice, and we know how McCain feels about that. And there's a picture out there of her smiling while frisking a sixteen-year-old African-American boy.)
Is no politician perfect??? (Sarcasm.)
And how come the Republicans got the cuter mascot? Elephants are cuter than donkeys. Seriously, who picked the donkey?


Comments
And Joe Lieberman: you aren't a Democrat. We kicked you to the curb.
You can't chum-chum with the Republicans and then show up at their convention claiming to be a Democrat.