Thoughtful Part II
Another thing that reminds me of the generosity of the people I love was the fact that I've had to log onto the homepage of the charitable 5k I'm doing this Saturday and revise my fundraising goal up multiple times. I sent out the little email asking for just $5 or $10 from a bunch of folks, and rapidly my number went into triple digits. Jason has also quickly exceeded his fundraising goals too thanks to his friends and family.
T H A N K Y O U
It's totally amazing. I have to think about this more often, especially when I feel like I'm getting pulled down by the jerks of this world, and starting to act like them rather than rise above.
You'll find us in the Chicago AIDS Foundation's 5k on Saturday. As many of you may know this is directly related to the work I do everyday working on a drug for HIV.
And after clearing it against the Ohio State schedule this weekend, it will also be a nice way to spend an hour with Jason on what will hopefully be a beautiful fall day. (You know you are married to a Buckeye fan when you find yourself putting the pivotal Ohio State games on your Lotus Notes calendar at work... and you're not even a football fan.)
If I missed you on the donation email and/or you might still like to throw a few coins our way, you can sponsor me or Jason by looking up our names here.


Comments