Moved

The movers were pulling the blankets off our furniture and walking back to their truck. We opened the door to the bathroom where we'd had the cats sequestered all day. I felt so settled and relieved yesterday evening.
Our move was over.
Our house hunt was over.
We have a home.
I'm not so sure why I felt so relieved, because this morning I woke up to remember that there are nearly a million boxes to unpack.
We didn't even try to unpack last night, we were both so tired from the week of running over to the new place every night to throw paint on walls and organize the old place for our move.
Instead we showered, realized that we had no idea which box held changes of clothes and walked down the street for dinner clothed in the clothes we did find. (Tip for anyone moving soon: pack an a bag as though you're going to a hotel for two days with clothes, toiletries and toothpaste.)
Jason's dinner aptly reflectly the appetite worked up over the week: a big juicy ribeye. My meal reflected the regrets I'd had over how poorly we've been eating while moving: Wendy's, pizza. I ordered a chicken breast sandwich.
Arriving Home we simply made our way through the corridors of boxes in the condo to our bed and there we collapsed.
After twelve hours of sleep it would seem that I should be ready for some very productive unpacking today.
I'd share pictures, but while I know where my camera is, the cord to connect it to the computer is in a box somewhere. I'll probably find it by Monday.


Comments
Love, JK