Where Have I Been?

Where have I been?

For the past two days it was beige and windowless hotel conference rooms in Newark, New Jersey for a meeting.

At home, it's been about unpacking and organizing, debating towel colors as well as wondering if we will ever fix the floor downstairs that was left with a big funny discolored outline of the former owner's exercise mat. Or maybe we will find a rug instead.
This one's on sale.
But I think I'd like black & white better. I've coveted a rug that I saw in a magazine that was credited to Williams Sonoma Home, but I've never been able to find it on their site. I guess their publicist's work was for nought.
IKEA would be a good substitute, except this isn't in stock in my local superstore.If you haven't guessed already, after years of growing up surrounded by ornate oriental rugs, I'm craving some clean, uncomplicated patterns in my new home.
And preferably the same exact size as a rubber exercise mat that no longer lives here.

Comments

Andra Sue said…
I prefer rugs of the oriental variety myself (so let me know if you see a tonal brown with large damask print for my dining room!)...but a lot of people just rave about Flor rug tiles: http://www.flor.com/. They have some neat stripey patterns and the rugs do look really good in person, so you might want to check them out. I'm also partial to the "Lynx" rug at Crate and Barrel. :)

Good luck!!!
Anonymous said…
If you can bear to look at it, the floor that was once covered by the mat may patina to the same dark color as the rest of the floor if you leave it exposed to sunlight for a couple months. Maybe longer, depending on how old it is and how long it was covered. Good luck. I like the zigzag pattern. Go modern!
Juliet

Popular Posts