Target: Missing the Mark

It's the small things. And I love it even more when the small things are also the affordable, found at Target things.

Ever since visiting Abby & David, probably I year ago, I coveted their bath towels. (Is it creepy that maybe they are learning about this just now?) I asked where they found their yummy, soft apricot towels.

Target! Thomas O'Brien.

So I made a resolution, once I found a home to buy (meaning I'd be there longer than my landlord not raising the rent or refusing to renew the lease), I'd get these towels. Holding to this promise was easier since our last apartment had black & white tiles and the in-store, Target towel palette was all earthy warm tones. (I see now that they have added a Brights line... ironically as we have finally moved into the earth tone style bathroom.)

Less than 10 days in the new home and it was time, at last, for towels. Off to the local Target. I rounded the corner of the towel aisle to see that I might have waited for the perfect time, a big SALE sign was clipped to the shelf.

The empty shelf.

If I were interested in one sage green towel, a mountain of chocolate brown bathmats, and a smattering washclothes in differing shades of blue, I would have been in business. But, no. No, when you wait this long and obsess over wrapping yourself in the soft loveliness of the a surprisingly affordable towel, you want your pick of colors. Darn it. Where is the soft sage??!!

Not to mention Target didn't have the long sheer curtains I wanted, or the iron I laughed at Jason for but then dropped and broke the steam button.

I guess I'll be ordering online instead. Pottery Barn has already beat Target by having in-stock sheers.

Comments

Popular Posts